Next Previous Contents
This tag is automatic so it IS the reference. (Sometimes I forget to update the version number and the date)
$Id: PLIP-Install-HOWTO.sgml,v 1.40 2002/07/07 23:46:32 gilles Exp $
$Log: PLIP-Install-HOWTO.sgml,v $
Revision 1.40 2002/07/07 23:46:32 gilles
Corrected tag problem
Revision 1.39 2002/07/07 23:42:27 gilles
Added Richard Barrington in "acknowledgements" section.
Revision 1.38 2002/07/07 23:15:53 gilles
Added a "Known problems" section
Added "plip 2.2.14 versus 2.2.16" section. Thanks Matt.
Revision 1.37 2002/07/07 22:56:44 gilles
Adapted insmod parport_pc to 2.4 kernel
- v1.36, 3 December 2001
- v1.31, 21 April 2001
- Corrected a bad url in section "Installing RedHat 7.0". Thanks Leonard.
- Corrected broken links find by the nice clink software.
- v1.30, 13 April 2001
- Added section "Installing RedHat 7.0". Thanks Leonard.
- v1.28, 18 December 2000
- Corrected more mistakes in my English. Thanks again Graham.
- v1.27, 11 August 2000
- The SLIP line was not needed, SLIP is serial line oriented. The PPP line was partly wrong, we need PPP support by the kernel.
- Corrected more mistakes in my English, though I know that more remain and new ones come every time I write a sentence...
- Added a "compatibility with a printer" section.
- Added a Null-Printer == Null-Modem comment.
- Added a "build your own cable" section.
- Corrected a bug in the Slackware section. Here (inverted IP adresses). Thanks to Brad Rigby.
- Removed obsolete paragraph from the "Introduction" section.
- Added request for information about translations in the "Introduction" section.
- Mentioned the "what's new section" at the top of the document.
- Added a vc-header in the What's new section
- Added the WHAT_IS_NEW label
- v1.22, 16 June 2000
- Added a mention to PARTED http://www.gnu.org/software/parted as told by Andrew Clausen (email@example.com).
- Added section Installing Slackware, RedHat, or Caldera, by Florent SAUNIER.
- Corrected some English faults, thanks to Graham and Tomas.
- v1.15, 26 November 1999
- The section "What's new". It is this section.
- The section "Install the plip interface permanently".
- The section "List of contributors and acknowledgements".
- Joined the different chapters dealing with the detailed Debian installation to form a single chapter with the actual chapters as just subsections.
- Made a new section "Installing from a DOS partition". A simpler and faster method.
Next Previous Contents