Next Previous Contents
Well, you need help - isn't :) ... hmm .. i could be sarcastic and just say "you could better do it again, 'coz it looks a messy enuf" - or .. i could help ... - I wrote down some common problems - IF you got any problem NOT listed in this HOWTO (section) - then mail me - and i'll put it in this howto even with your name/email addr in it :). **BEFORE** mailing to me - please look if you didn't forgot anything - and IF you want some help from me - send me the MOST DETAILED information - included the scripts & things you needed. i DON'T need any binaries - since i won't run them.
- is it executable ?
- is your (default shell) located at /bin/sh ?
- Well, you could make accounts like "email@example.com" - and forward it to another email address ... nobody needs to read the .procmailrc file, so YOU ONLY know the address !.
- Well, next time don't print this HOWTO out on 200 gram papers, since it are 10 pages it would be 2KG for the cat - it is JUST TOO HEAVY !
- hmm - can't do anything about that one - why askin' me ? ... Just bury it ....
- A free-unix - posix compatible - made by Linus Torvalds ... Why are you reading this if you even don't know what Linux is ?
- No! - this is a howto for YOUR side, i don't care about the side of your isp, nor how to get your email address.
- Read point 5.5 very carefully :) and you'll see why .. it's 'coz i needed to add it on general request :)
- Ask your local ISP/provider - he will help you with it. It could take days/ even weeks when asking to the Internic - your provider can help.
- coz i don't want to spend money - and - 'coz i feel like being f*cking lame USING it - i *AM* using it - so why bother?
- You can put in it what you want - as long you put some "needed" info so the original writer knows what happened with his "never delivered" mail.
- This has nothing to do with the system i explained to you, read the sendmail manual ... - this is to RECEIVE mail - to be "always available at an email address".
- Nope .. - but - it will be really hard for users not having internet access :) ... You could have a masq'd network - and use a computer connected to it - so the users can get their mail that way, or you can generate a link between a bulletin board and his mail, you could even forward it to a fidonet gate :) ... reasons enough not to give a shell!.
- i know it is a typo - but - i like this word better.
- No questions - for automation - you better be sure about what you are going to do ... since - it COULD be a trojan ya know :))) (it isn't but what means you need to know what scripting is before asking questions) It IS easy enough to interprete - that's even why i put the comments with it. *IF* you are going to distribute this script - leave my Copyright in it please ! thanks :).
- I am not cruel :) i am nice :) i am the nicest guy of the world, of the universe ! NOW SCRAM! (i just want to be complete in my HOWTO, and not TOO much "drifting away" from my original point in the doc - so :) that's all).
- Not yet, but, could be i'm filtering everything containing 'excessive' and language :) i don't know :))
- coz sometimes reading plain howto's CAN be boring ... i wanted to add something next to it ...
- Check out your "sendmail.cw" file, since the domains NEED to be added in it !
- the rulesets don't work, i can't receive any mail, or sendmail dies Refer to the new section "new sendmail" - and disregard the old sendmail tricks. The newer sendmail should be easier to use with virtual domains.
Next Previous Contents