Copyright © 1998 Specialized Systems Consultants, Inc.
For information regarding copying and distribution of this material see the Copying License.
Table of Contents
January 1998 Issue #24
- The Front Page
More 2 Cent Tips
The Answer Guy, by James T. Dennis
- Quick autofs Tutorial, by Mark Nielsen
- Buying A Laptop, by Joel Jaeggli
- Copying Files Using Mirror, by Gerd Bavendiek
- Linux Benchmarking: Part 3 -- Interpreting Benchmark Results, by André D. Balsa
- LXNY at UNIX EXPO '97, by Michael E. Smith
- More Adventures with SAMBA , by Dave Nelson
- My Linux Revolution, by Ylian Saint-Hilaire & Erik Campo
New Release Reviews, by Larry Ayers
- Product Review: Applixware, by Gary Moore
- A Bit About Security, by Marcus Berglund
- The Standard C Library for Linux, Part one, by James M. Rogers
- xscreensaver, by Jamie Zawinski
The Back Page
| The Answer Guy
The Graphics Muse will return next month.
The Weekend Mechanic will return next month.
TWDT 1 (text)
TWDT 2 (HTML)
are files containing the entire issue: one in text format, one in HTML. They are provided strictly as a way to save the contents as one file for later printing in the format of your choice; there is no guarantee of working links in the HTML version.
Got any great ideas for improvements! Send your
This page written and maintained by the Editor of Linux Gazette,