Copyright © 1998 Specialized Systems Consultants, Inc.
For information regarding copying and distribution of this material see the Copying License.
Table of Contents
February 1998 Issue #25
- The Front Page
More 2 Cent Tips
The Answer Guy, by James T. Dennis
- Book Review: A Practical Guide to Linux, by Bernard Doyle
- Bourne/Bash: Shell Programming Introduction, by Rick Dearman
- Clueless at the Prompt, by Mike List
- Confessions of a Former VMS Junkie, by Russell C. Pavlicek
- EMACSulation, by Eric Marsden
- Gathering Usage Stats, by Randy Appleton
- The Graphics Muse, by Michael J. Hammel
- Hylafax, by Dani Pardo
- Linux Compared to Other Operating Systems, by Elof Soerensen
- Linux Ports, by Ross Linder
- Linux and Windows95, by Leonardo Lopes
- New Release Reviews, by Larry Ayers
- A Simple Internet Dialer for Linux, by Martin Vermeer
- Secure Public Access Internet Workstations, by Steven Singer
- The Software World--It's a Changin', by Phil Hughes
The Back Page
| The Answer Guy
The Weekend Mechanic will return.
TWDT 1 (text)
TWDT 2 (HTML)
are files containing the entire issue: one in text format, one in HTML. They are provided strictly as a way to save the contents as one file for later printing in the format of your choice; there is no guarantee of working links in the HTML version.
Got any great ideas for improvements! Send your
This page written and maintained by the Editor of Linux Gazette,