Help on Installing Linux

Hello,
        I am K.Srikanth a newcomer to the discussion lists.  I have a single
partitioned Hard Disk on which Windows Nt is loaded and I have been using it for
pretty long.  I want to load Linux also.  But then that would mean that I will
have to partition my hard disk which would result in loss of data.
           Could any one please tell  me how to install linux without affecting
the previous existing data
                                                                    Regards
                                                                Srikanth
begin:vcard