[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
updating web pages from CVS documentation areas -- ideas?
- Subject: updating web pages from CVS documentation areas -- ideas?
- From: Adam Di Carlo <>
- Date: 26 Sep 1999 01:40:38 -0400
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 26 Sep 1999 05:40:26 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <-alfFD.A.G1F.KHb73@murphy>
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.070096 (Pterodactyl Gnus v0.96) Emacs/20.3
BTW, one issue I am considering now is that, given that the DDP has a
CVS area for documentation, how to automatically update web materials
from CVS such that released versions of documentation propogate to a
web page, and that working commits do not.
The only way I can think of doing this is by using branches, or by
using a special tag. Both are not very satisfatory since (a) they
require a lot of discipline from documenters, and (b) I don't know of
tools offhand to automate this.
How are you guys in the LDP going to handle this?
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com