Re: Manifesto: Boilerplate License

> If you're considering making a derived work other than a
> translation, it's requested that you discuss your plans with the
> current maintainer.  We would like to avoid unnecessary forks in
> documentation.

In my opinion most derivative works will be collections of parts taken
from several documents (reusing existing material, for example, is
very useful in teaching); more "collection and rearrangement" than
"incremeting or updating an existing document".  I don't expect
unnecessary forks to be a common disease (a common reason for
"unnecessary" documents is when two or more people/groups produce
independent documents that cover the same scope).

This clause is limiting, and I'd better leave it out from the
boilerplate license; it shows a short-sighted approach to
documentation, as it disregards forms other than "howtos for the
general public".

/alessandro