Re: Caution: Newbie online.

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 08:28:48PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > > This is ongoing, happening all of the time, I'd thinkg.
> >
> > Who is coordinating this?
>
> I can't answer that one, but I'd think the collective "us", as in the people
> on the LDP lists.

New authors willing to maintain any HOWTO must first check with Tim
(HOWTO coordinator) if the former author agrees or is unreachable, then
submit a version to ldp-submit@lists.linuxdoc.org

Greg is in charge on the FAQ and the Guides.

If there's a problem I'm here :-)

> CVS isn't that hard, as soon as I rebuild my machine at work, I'll install
> it and write a CVS howto (unless there is one, in which case, I'll write a
> CVS newbie HOWTO).

Please wait some days and get in touch with Sergius; *there's* one but
it hasn't been announced yet.

It's being set up, tested, documented...

> 1. Figure out what we should be using for a revision control system, and a
> place for authors to keep LDP docs.
> 2. Develop guidelines for Quality Control on the LDP docs.
> 3. Find a good way to keep track of maintainers of documents, and make sure
> that the most frequently used documents are kept up to date.
> 4. Track some statistics on the LDP sites on downloads/viewing of documents.
> (I.E.  Track the number of people who access each howto, and the people who
> access the guides, etc.)

Looks like a TODO list.

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project: http://www.linuxdoc.org