Re: HOWTO vs mini-HOWTO [was: Linux Doc Infrastructure]

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 06:56:28PM +0100, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> I propose that the distinction between HOWTOs and mini-HOWTOs should be
> abolished, because a grouping based on the sizes of the documents it is a
> very arbitrary and non-intuitive distinction. In fact, some mini-HOWTOs
> are longer than some HOWTOs. Approximately 2/3 of the mini-HOWTOs are
> longer than the shortest HOWTOs!

Aboloshing the distrinction is a good idea, but it would confuse people.

mini HOWTOs are "mini" since they focus on a specific topic

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project: http://www.linuxdoc.org
------>>> Attention, my new email is guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu