[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mailing list archives
- Subject: mailing list archives
- From: "Greg Ferguson" <>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:07:00 -0500
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 25 Jan 2000 19:03:18 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <iY1eED.A.MmF.0Nfj4@murphy>
Currently the mailing list archives we have stored on the web site
consume 48M of disk space (and growing). We've had a couple inquiries
from the mirror site owners about possibly excluding these archives
from the mirror process (doing so at this time would break a couple
references from the mailinfo.html page).
- Are the archives necessary on the mirror sites, or should they
simply be referenced from the "master" site (www.linuxdoc.org)?
Yes, it would be slower; but I'm trying to get a read on how
much they are actually used.
- Should we clean-up the archives we have; perhaps create an archive
of the current archives(?!), which in turn would not be mirrored?
Greg Ferguson - s/w engr / mtlhd | email@example.com
SGI Tech Pubs - http://techpubs.sgi.com | 410-785-2334
Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org |
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com