Re: [oswg-dis] Re: reader comments & reviews

On Jan 31,  1:30pm, Kendall Clark wrote:
> Subject: Re: [oswg-dis] Re: reader comments & reviews
>
>     Greg> Why make people choose - "for
>     Greg> the RPM Howto you have to jump the the OSWG site,
>     Greg> sorry". More than once that has happened to me (personally),
>     Greg> and it's very frustrating.
>
> I don't understand why this is a problem. This is the *web*, after
> all, a hypertext system. Why is it onerous at all to put down links on
> LDP to OSWG content and just let people follow links? Unless, of
> course, you're a commercial entity, trying to retain people on your
> site, which is irrelevant for the LDP, I would think.

I was thinking more in terms of speed-of-access for those hitting
mirror sites. Having the docs distributed and mirrored seems to be
a nice feature of the LDP (imo).

Also, it makes for easier indexing and cataloging; although that
can (of course) be adjusted to reference those docs not found on
the local system.

best regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com