[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: DOCTYPE tags
- To: Gerard Beekmans <>
- Subject: Re: DOCTYPE tags
- Date: 12 Apr 2000 14:43:59 -0300
- In-Reply-To: Gerard Beekmans's message of "Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:12:43 -0400"
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 12 Apr 2000 17:44:20 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <qqQ5eB.A.t8B.zXL94@murphy>
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.0803 (Gnus v5.8.3) Emacs/20.4
Gerard Beekmans <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> >From SGML sources I've downloaded from the LDP site I see that DocBook
> 3.0 is used (with acompanying <!DOCTYPE blabla PUBLIC "-//DAVENPORT//DTD
> DocBook V3.0//EN">
> I'm writing in docbook 3.1 and thus the doctype line is slightly
> different, though my document doesn't contain anything that only works
> with the 3.1 version (it formats just fine when a 3.0 doctype tag is
> Just wanted to let you know about this. Is it a problem is I submit the
> original SGML with the 3.1 doctype tag and whoever will process the
> document will change it, or should I change it prior to submitting?
Submit 3.1 documents. If you change the declaration line some tags may
have their behaviour changed or may not be valid...
Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department Conectiva S.A.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- From: Gerard Beekmans <email@example.com>