[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SGML tools aren't so great
- To: Gary Preckshot <>, LDP <>,
- Subject: Re: SGML tools aren't so great
- From: "Greg Ferguson" <>
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 19:55:31 -0400
- In-Reply-To: Gary Preckshot <email@example.com> "Re: SGML tools aren't so great" (May 3, 2:13pm)
- Resent-Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 22:08:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-Message-ID: <ejnn0C.A.pzF.DuNE5@murphy>
On May 3, 2:13pm, Gary Preckshot wrote:
> Subject: Re: SGML tools aren't so great
> I'm getting WP9 because it seems to offer the best solution
> on both Windows and Linux platforms for GUI SGML.
I have to add that there are indeed some excellent
editors out there...but they are not cheap/free and
you are limited in terms of platform support.
Two that come readily to mind are ArborText's ADEPT (probably
the top-of-the-line for SGML editing/publishing, imo) and
I'll repeat...excellent environment to work in, but not cheap.
> With luck, with WP9 I'll have only glancing contact with
> SGML. Does anybody know how I get the source for the Large
> Disk mini-HOWTO?
It recently went from a mini HOWTO to a "full" HOWTO (in Feb).
SGML source ...
linuxdoc (native; what the author submitted) :
DocBook (derived) :
Greg Ferguson - s/w engr / mtlhd | firstname.lastname@example.org
SGI Tech Pubs - http://techpubs.sgi.com |
Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org |
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org