[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Arranging a Usenix Documentation BoF, redux
- Subject: Arranging a Usenix Documentation BoF, redux
- From: Nik Clayton <>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:42:31 +0000
- Organization: FreeBSD Project <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/>
- Resent-Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-Message-ID: <ohpM6D.A.fKB.eBFP5@murphy>
As I explained about a week ago, I'm in the process of arranging a
documentation BoF get-together at Usenix San Diego this year.
Since my last message, we have tentatively scheduled the BoF for Wednesday
June 21st, for two hours.
In addition, Walnut Creek CDROM and BSDI have generously agreed to provide
free copies of Norm Walsh's "DocBook: The Definitive Guide" (published by
O'Reilly). As most of the free documentation projects are already using
DocBook, or contemplating switching to it, this book is an invaluable
Currently, we have arranged for one copy per documentation project that's
represented. So if you've been toiling away on Debian Doc, or want to
start a fledgling OpenBSD docs project, this is an excellent way to get
your hands on some top quality reference material.
If you think you will be able to attend, please could you let me know, so
that I can liase with the organisers.
And if you'd like a copy of "DocBook: The Definitive Guide", please let
me know which project you'll be representing. As I say, currently supplies
are limited to one copy per project, but I'm working on increasing that with
Hope to see you there.
PS: As with the previous message, I've sent this to the following groups:
* Gnome Doc. Project * KDE Doc. Project * Linux Doc. Project
* Open Source Writers Group * FreeBSD Doc. Project * NetBSD General
* OpenBSD General * DocBook DTD list * DocBook Apps list
* SGML Tools list * Debian Doc. Project * XFree86 Doc. Project
if you know of another open source documentation effort that might be
interested, please feel free to forward this message on.
Internet connection, $19.95 a month. Computer, $799.95. Modem, $149.95.
Telephone line, $24.95 a month. Software, free. USENET transmission,
hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Thinking before posting, priceless.
Somethings in life you can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard.
-- Graham Reed, in the Scary Devil Monastery
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com