Re: DocBook Guidelines

<CITE>> 2. For images use JPEG and/or EPS
<CITE>
<CITE>Uhm...H-H says we accept GIF, but acknowledge patent disputes.
<CITE>And .EPS won't show up in web or htmldoc versions:

O.k. I reprhase, if you use graphics you MUST include the EPS. Otherwise
we can not latex/dvi/ps the document with the SGML tools. Gif is
acceptable but not encouraged due to patent disputes.

<CITE>
<CITE>For images use [JPG or GIF] and EPS
<CITE>
<CITE>> 3. No short tags. No exceptions.
<CITE>> 4. No deprecated tags.
<CITE>
<CITE>Sounds fair.  How depreciated do we want to go?  <graphic> isn't being taken
<CITE>out until 5.0, and 4.0 is barely off and running, but there are better reasons
<CITE>than depreciation to use <mediaobject>.

Actually I would say if it is listed as deprecated we don't use
it. Period. That allows us to grow with the DTD's.

<CITE>
<CITE>-Mark
<CITE>
<CITE>

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt    - http://www.commandprompt.com      </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.   - http://www.opendocs.org        </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts       - http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP            - http://www.linuxdoc.org        </WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.