[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DocBook Guidelines and other crap.
- Subject: DocBook Guidelines and other crap.
- From: Poet/Joshua Drake <>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 07:11:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:14:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-Message-ID: <l4zWMB.A.lb.qz6Q5@murphy>
We have put forth many suggestions and gotten many comments and still
we have people that don't read their email and then go off with new
authors and make them think we are a bunch of mifits.
DocBook is simple, at this time these are the rules (unless someone,
e.g. a majority of the group decide otherwise)
1. We currently accept DocBook 3.1 (4.0 is under consideration)
2. Graphics are accepted in GIF (be aware of patent issues), JPG and
must include their EPS counterparts. If they do not we will not process
3. Do NOT use deprecated tags. You can get a listing of these from:
Am I missing anything?
<COMPANY>CommandPrompt - http://www.commandprompt.com </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC. - http://www.opendocs.org </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts - http://www.linuxports.com </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP - http://www.linuxdoc.org </WEBMASTER>
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org