Re: Lots of SPAM on the list

At 23:04 2000-06-13 -0400, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 03:36:21AM +0200, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
>> Why doesn't the list owner filter mail from unsubscribed addresses,
>> like all serious lists do? Majordomo, ezmlm, sympa, and other major
>> mailing-list managers allow for that, with the option of sending
>> foreign messages through moderators and/or dropping them.
>> Also, subscribing the RBL might be a jolly good idea.
>
>Because some of us do not always use the same email address.

As a list owner, I don't think this is a good enough reason. I delete
bounces every week from people who send to lists from unsubscribed
addresses. Too bad for them. Writing this has given me a new idea. I'll
just bounce it to the sender with a note that they should use the
subscribed address. At least that's better than /dev/null...

 Tony
 --
 Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com>
 PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D