RE: Outputting DocBook to text?

Uhm, that would be a "feature", I think.  :-)  Right now, I think we're
still using lynx -dump single-file-html-HOWTO.sgml, although there is
another program called HTML2Text that might be better.  If you need a copy
of html2text (or html2txt, according to SuSE), grab a src.rpm from
rpmfind.net, and extract it from there.  HTH,
        Grego