[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: screen not formatting properly in text output.
- To: Dan York <>, Gregory Leblanc <>,
- Subject: Re: screen not formatting properly in text output.
- From: "Greg Ferguson" <>
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:12:44 -0400
- Cc: "sgml tools lite List (E-mail)" <>
- In-reply-to: Dan York <firstname.lastname@example.org> "Re: screen not formatting properly in text output." (Aug 7, 10:07am)
References: <025836EFF856D411A6660090272811E61D0572@EMAIL> <398EC295.EB303939@linuxcare.com>
- Resent-date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:12:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-message-id: <QEhVzC.A.8bH.9Psj5@murphy>
On Aug 7, 10:07am, Dan York wrote:
> Subject: Re: screen not formatting properly in text output.
> It would be great if you could get something more with text output
> into sgmltools. That area seems to be one of the weaker areas of
> DocBook output.
For the LDP environment, I use sgml2text and then pipe it thru a
simple script I wrote that rips out all the extra blank lines.
Yes, this appeared to be a bug (in sgml-tools 1.0.9, which
is what we use).
Since there are no tables available in linuxdoc, perhaps
piping a single-file HTML variant thru lynx would produce
the 'best' plain text output?
Greg Ferguson - s/w engr / mtlhd | email@example.com
SGI Tech Pubs - http://techpubs.sgi.com |
Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org |
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com