Re: Problems with the DSSSL style-sheets

    > 1. Missing <newsgroup> tag.

    > The problem with the DocBook markup itself is that I cannot find
    > any way to semantically tag a USENET newsgroup name.  This comes
    > up especially frequently in connection with LDP HOWTOs, which
    > often cite newsgroups.

I'll make an RFE of this to the DocBook TC...

I've also needed it before but, as Poet said, I've used <ulink>... I
agree with you.

    > 2.  Stylesheet problems in HTML output.

    > Using the docbook-style-dsssl-1.54-4 package, I note that in
    > HTML output

    > A: Contents and title are badly ordered.  That is, the table of
    > contents is set before the document title and front matter.

A ToC before the document title??? I think that you have some problems
with your stylesheets. Please look at other DocBook documents at LDP
to see how they were rendered...

    > B: No break between front matter and first body section.

We have it. Are you using ldp.dsl as your stylesheet?

    > C: Contents of the author tag is rendered as a single
    > run-on-line with no line breaks or spacing.  -- <a
    > href="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>

Hmmm... Are you using

<author>
   <firstname>Eric</firstname>
   <othername>S.</othername>
   <surname>Raymond</surname>
</author>
<address>
   <email>esr@....</email>
</address>

or

<author><ulink url="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/">Eric
S. Raymond</ulink></author>?

I don't know if the second is valid, but I recommend using the
first. I haven't thought about using an URL as your contact
information. I'll post another message later (please, remind me) with
a suggestion to it.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.