makefiles?

Hi, everyone. Some time ago, I found a site that described the creation of
a Makefile for the purpose of simplifying the creation of various formats
(make html, make ps, etc.) However, I can't find it anymore. Does anyone
here have a useful link to one, or one they can share? Thanks...
Luis

            "Summertime... and the living is easy...
            fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
            So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
                                        -Ella