Re: XML?

    >> > Any DocBook/XML document should process with no problems through the
    >> > LDP SGML/DSSSL system, so you should be able to do your work in XML
    >> > and submit the files to the LDP without changes.
    >>
    >> Does this require that we have the XML DTDs installed?  AFAIK, we've
    >> only got SGML there right now, and I don't know how much effort it
    >> would be to get more online there.

    GF> Putting the DTD in place can be easily done. We need stylesheets.

    GF> The way I see it, we can still use (open)jade/DSSSL. I'm not sure
    GF> our current styles will work; or do we (should we..) use XSL styles,
    GF> with some other transformation engine?

    GF> Comments? Jorge, you've done some of this, correct?

OK...

XML and SGML DTDs differ. To use XML documents we'll need the DocBook
XML DTD.

It's possible to use the same stylesheets for XML and SGML DocBook, we
have to add an option and an XML declaration file to the Jade/OpenJade
command line.

It's doable. I think it's worth. Greg, I can pass you the whole info
if you want to implement that. We'll need to modify our scripts to
handle XML documents, but it won't be hard.

WRT XML Stylesheets (XSL), I'm going after a tool to use them, but so
far I've found only Java applications and I don't think they are
suitable to LDP's needs (slow and too much heavy to use for several
documents formatted several times in a short period).

As soon as I find an application to proccess XML and XSL, I'll be
telling you and trying to implement them for LDP as we did with
DocBook...

If anybody has any suggestion on this issue, please, send them to me
and we'll start testing and discussing that.

Be seeing you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.