Next Previous Contents
Stephen Uhler, with others working at Bellcore, was the original designer and implementer of MGR, so Bellcore has copyrighted much of the code and documentation for MGR under the following conditions.
* Permission is granted to copy or use this program, EXCEPT that it
* may not be sold for profit, the copyright notice must be reproduced
* on copies, and credit should be given to Bellcore where it is due.
One required showing of the copyright notice is the startup title screen.
Other credits to:
- Stephen Hawley for his wonderful icons.
- Tommy Frandsen for the VGA linux library.
- Tom Heller for his Gasblit library.
- Andrew Haylett for the Mouse driver code.
- Dan McCrackin for his gasblit->linux patches.
- Dave Gymer, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the Startrek effect fix.
- Alex Liu for first releasing a working Linux version of MGR.
- Lars Aronsson (email@example.com) for text2font and an ISO8859-1 8-bit font.
- Harry Pulley (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) for the Coherent port.
- Vance Petree & Grant Edwards & Udo Munk for their work on Hercules.
- Udo Munk for his work on serial mouse initialization & select.
- Norman Bartek & Hal Snyder at Mark Williams Co. for their help with some bugs & with Coherent device drivers.
- Extra thanks to Zeyd Ben Halim for lots of helpful patches, especially the adaptation of selection.
- Bradley Bosch, firstname.lastname@example.org, for lots of patches from his 3b1 port, which fix bugs and implement new and desirable features.
- Andrew Morton, email@example.com, who first wrote the cut-word code.
- Kapil Paranjape, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the EGA support.
- Michael Haardt for MOVIE support fixes, bug fixes, separation of the libbitblit code into output drivers, expansion of the libmgr, and origami folding of the code.
- Yossi Gil for many fonts.
- Carsten Emde, email@example.com, for mphoon.
- Vincent Broman for middle mouse-button emulation, linting, Sun cgsix support, VGA colormap acess, integration of the sunport code into Haardt's layering scheme, font gathering, the screen saver, and continued maintenance.
- Kenneth Almquist, firstname.lastname@example.org, for helpful bug reports.
- Tim Pierce, email@example.com, for the port to FreeBSD 2.0R with Trident VGA.
All bitmap fonts from any source are strictly public domain in the USA. The 583 fixed-width fonts supplied with MGR were obtained from Uhler, the X distribution, Yossi Gil, and elsewhere. The Hershey vector fonts and the code for rendering them are probably freely redistributable.
Next Previous Contents