Re: sgml-tools for Linuxdoc

Hi!

In <38831881.C82A35A@mail.nyx.net>,
 at Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:26:25 +0100,
  on Subject: Re: sgml-tools for Linuxdoc,
   Stein Gjoen <sgjoen@mail.nyx.net> writes:

> Hallo,
>
> Sorry about the enormous delay, things have been chaotic around here.

I'm glad to hear from you again :)

> > I check this disk.sgml (v0.23e) with sgml2txt from our Debian pacakge
> > of sgmltools_1.0.9-5 (the most updated one). The messages I got is:
>
> I use sgmltools 1.0.9 from the stable release of Debian,
> the -5 release seems to be in the unstable branch.

Yes. I uploaded 1.0.9-6 already, so next release (potato, which has been
frozen now, and will be released in 2 months) will have this one.

 # 1.0.9-6 adds the doc-base support (Debian specific change)
 # to 1.0.9-5. This may not be effective unless you use Debian potato.

> >      $ sgml2txt disk.sgml
> >     Processing file disk.sgml
> >     <standard input>:3250: warning: can't break line
>
> This is the very same message I get.

> The mystery to me is which line does 3250 refer to? That line in the
> raw sgml-file looks quite harmless and I cannot see anything unusual
> in the text output either.

sgml2txt converts the input sgml in many ways before it feeds the text to
groff, so groff can't detect the line number in the raw sgml-file.

using "-d" option, Intermediate files can be checked. (otherwise,
they are removed when sgml2txt finishes.)

The input for groff may be left as  /tmp/sgmltmp.disk????.3 (where
???? is the process number of sgml2txt). The line located at 3250 is

   3249 IBM has released their
   3250 driver <\fChttp://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/netfinity/serveraid_beta
.html\fR>
   3251 as GPL.

(which is line 2412 in the raw sgml file)

I think it is this URI that can not be broken. (it should be)

> This output is the way it should have been, very good.

Then, this bug is now fixed.

> Since I used the Debian package (stable) it seems the fix must
> have occurred in some of the Debian specific fixes.

The stable (slink) version is 1.0.9-1, so you are right.

 # btw, I uploaded the sgml-tools_1.0.9-4slink5, the rebuild-on-slink
 # version of sgml-tools_1.0.9-5, into
 # http://www.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/projects/experimental-jp/
 #  of ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/projects/experimental-jp/
 #
 # If you use Debian slink (i386), I think you can use it to get
 # the bug-fixed version on slink machine, before the potato release.

Regards.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>