[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What is RAID!
- To: (Per NissilŠ)
- Subject: Re: What is RAID!
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:49:47 US/Central
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 21 Jan 2000 17:50:07 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <5QCsnD.A._nC.OxJi4@murphy>
A RAID is just a bunch of Hard Disks that are writen to at the same time so
that you have a backup. Imagine a server with 5 Hard Disks, well you
read/write to them all. Well say the main HD goes out you have 4 backup that
you can fall onto so you dont lose all your important data.
If I explaind this wrong please email me, or if anyone can explain it with a
better analogy PLEASE tell me =)
> What is RAID!
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org