[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Preamble: Re: mini-HOWTO
- Subject: Re: Preamble: Re: mini-HOWTO
- From: Alessandro Rubini <>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:10:10 +0100
- Organization: Free Lance in Pavia, Italy.
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 25 Jan 2000 17:10:36 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <HHJM1C.A.m-H.Lkdj4@murphy>
> My understanding was that the LDP-submit list was for submitting
> documents, and not for discussions of any kind.
Yes and no. It is for submitting docs to a board of reviewers, who are
expected to make comments (although up to now I've seen no comments
but my own ones).
In my understanding of the issue, one should not reply directly to the
author, as his/her comments may be in error, especially when they
convey a negative opinion of the document or some aspects/parts of it.
It's the advantage of being a group of reviewers instead of a single
"accept or deny" kind of person. So, we'll wait for some light to be
shed on the "peer review" issue.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org