Re: Difference between code and content

    How does one objectively evaluate whether a software application, say a
    game for example, fulfills it's intended purpose? Sure there are some
    quantifiable performance and capacity criteria you might apply, but
    those are only a component of the purpose of the program.

I agree completely.  Practically speaking, it is not a trivial thing
to judge whether a change in a program is an improvement; even in
principle it may be possible to argue for both yes and no.  I don't
believe there is any practical difference between software and
documentation in this aspect.  (There are in other aspects.)