[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PPPoE HOWTO
- Subject: Re: PPPoE HOWTO
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:13:28 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 5 Apr 2000 19:13:15 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <E-dC2D.A.FaD.KB564@murphy>
On 5 Apr, Brent Voltz wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I'm getting close to having a rough draft of a ADSL + PPPoE HOWTO completed.
> It covers user and kernel space approaches, and has a section on setting up
> a strong firewall with PPPoE, which I am now working the bugs out of. If
> anyone has any suggestions for additional things to include with this HOWTO,
> I would appreciate the feedback.
> I will post the rough draft as soon as it is (mostly) complete.
Looking forward to this.
A couple of thoughts as I work on the next PPP-HOWTO version.
1) Do you think that the PPPoE HOWTO should be added to the PPP-HOWTO?
If not, I think we should cross reference as necessary.
2) How does what you are doing differ from the Firewall HOWTO? I have
been thinking about extending the section on security in the
PPP-HOWTO - since so many new users are going online from Linux with
no security protection in place.
Robert Hart firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc
Phone: +1 650 967 0888
Fax: +1 650 965 7307
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org