Re: PPPoE HOWTO

On  5 Apr, Brent Voltz wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm getting close to having a rough draft of a ADSL + PPPoE HOWTO completed.
> It covers user and kernel space approaches, and has a section on setting up
> a strong firewall with PPPoE, which I am now working the bugs out of.  If
> anyone has any suggestions for additional things to include with this HOWTO,
> I would appreciate the feedback.
>
> I will post the rough draft as soon as it is (mostly) complete.

Looking forward to this.

A couple of thoughts as I work on the next PPP-HOWTO version.

1) Do you think that the PPPoE HOWTO should be added to the PPP-HOWTO?
   If not, I think we should cross reference as necessary.

2) How does what you are doing differ from the Firewall HOWTO? I have
   been thinking about extending the section on security in the
   PPP-HOWTO - since so many new users are going online from Linux with
   no security protection in place.

--
Robert Hart                                             hartr@redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc