Re: geekness

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 02:35:08PM -0700, John wrote:
> Newbies as translators is one idea that might work, if you can get enough
> of them.
Perhaps a list of the "worst offenders" so that people can see what needs
rewriting?

> It goes right over their heads. In this
> respect, the number one sin is failing to define terms before using them.
Maybe a HOWTO glossary would be a good "intermediate" solution here...
ideally, all the HOWTOs would be written perfectly, but that isn't going
to happen realistically (or certainly not for a while)... so perhaps just
a simple glossary of things like "eth0" and "ext2fs"...

(I'm new to the list, so forgive me if I'm spouting nonsense or, worse,
repeating things that have already been said :-)

--
"Now that's an idea. Spearmint flavored rye bread. Mmm. Hey, I just said it
 was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea. " -- Larry Wall