Re: Work Machine - Part2

> I don't know maybe it is.  I'm not sure why it makes sense to maintain our
> own server and not have everything on that server.  Personally, if the LDP
> has a machine, why not make that machine the LDP machine for anything and
> everything that we do?

Purity of Environment. The machine that I am talking about will be a
work machine.
We can do -work- on it. In other words if it falls apart and is down for
a day
it will not effect a whole lot of people.

We do not want that on the machine that is hosting the main site. It
will be nice
to be able to make a change, see what it does, and if it does what you
want, then
implement it.

> > Therefore I will be purchasing a machine for the LDP per the original
> > SPECS.
>
> What were those, and where did they come from?

You will have to look at the original email with subject "LDP Work
Machine"

> > I believe it looks like we will also be moving the LDP website to the
> > new
> > IBM nefinity that is coming in for Metalab.
>
> Uhm, cool, I guess.  As maintainer of the Sun Harware Reference, I can't say
> that I advocate the change.  :-)
>         Greg

Well I guess we could try and get Metalab to run Sparc Linux on their
main server ;)

Joshua Drake

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt  - http://www.commandprompt.com  </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC. - http://www.opendocs.org       </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts     - http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP          - http://www.linuxdoc.org       </WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.