[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: DocBook Guidelines
- To: LDP <>
- Subject: Re: DocBook Guidelines
- From: Gary Preckshot <>
- Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:35:22 -0700
- Resent-Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-Message-ID: <WjeUaB.A.fVH.GICQ5@murphy>
Mark Komarinski wrote:
>Sounds fair. How depreciated do we want to go? <graphic>
out until 5.0, and 4.0 is barely off and running, but there
than depreciation to use <mediaobject>.
I have to agree with Mark. There are good reasons for
tags. I can
think of two immediately:
1) The tag is going to vanish in a later version of the DTD.
sense not to
use it, and the H-H is the place to convey that.
2) The LDP is using some other tag for searching/organizing.
think the H-H is
the place to apprise new and old authors alike of what the
tags for. With 300 tags, we could have chaos. What happens
LDP's usage of SGML
for advanced document management when some HOWTOs don't have
you depend on
and have others whose meaning is ambiguous? This is an
conveying LDP policy. If it doesn't do this, we have groups
people running off
in all directions.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com