RE: DocBook Guidelines

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Are we interested in making any policy about tag minimization?

Yes.  (Or at least, I am.)

DON'T.
If you start using any (even optional) shortcuts in SGML markup, it
*will* end in tears.

Particularly when you want to convert/move to XML, which *demands* pukka
SGML markup habits.

(There are other very valid reasons, particularly those related to the
automatic processing of large volumes of text, etc., but we'll ignore
those until they crop up for LDP purposes.  Let's just make sure we're
prepared for future processing needs right from the beginning.)

msw
--
Martin Wheeler         -         StarTEXT - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
[1] mwheeler@startext.co.uk                      http://www.startext.co.uk/