[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Style in DSSSL is a failure (Was: First Open Source Documentation Summit at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention
- To: Sebastian Rahtz <>
- Subject: Style in DSSSL is a failure (Was: First Open Source Documentation Summit at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention
- From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:30:13 +0200
- cc: Camille Bégnis <>, docbook-apps <>, LDP <>, docbook-tools list <>
In-reply-to: <Pine.OSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> (Sebastian Rahtz <email@example.com>'s message of Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:47:19 BST)
- Resent-Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:29:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-Message-ID: <SdZDbD.A.2bH.kird5@murphy>
On Wednesday 19 July 2000, at 15 h 47, the keyboard of Sebastian Rahtz
> > No. It is buggy, it does not handle non-english languages (french typography,
> > for instance).
> you should be doing that in the DSSSL.
Yes, but nobody did it (I write documentation, I do not plan to write
documentation tools). That's the big failure of DSSSL. It was supposed to
reinvent the wheel and to redo everything which babel already did. It failed.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com