ADSL mini HOWTO update

I previously had no luck contacting the author on this one, and am
planning on updating this. Actually already started, and expect
significant new additions. Off the top of my head, additions to
include:

 -Broaden the scope a bit to include DSLs other than ADSL: SDSL,
 IDSL, g.lite, etc.

 -PPPoE/A issues

 -Section on security

 -Updates on hardware compatibility issues

 -Possibly a section on criteria for choosing an ISP

 -Possibly a section on known 'Linux Friendly' ISPs

 -Section on Cable modem vs DSL

 -Possible section on troubleshooting

 -Expanded Links and Glossary sections

Any comments, suggestions, etc welcomed.

PS --

Also, on the Linux Friendly ISP thing, I am trying to put together a
database on this, and have posted this on various news groups and
mailing lists, but not getting a lot of action. So if anyone has a DSL
ISP that fits these minimal requirements:

 -Ethernet interfaced modem is an available option

 -No installation bugaboos (like requiring a Win or Mac box)

 -Tech support will not hang up on you just because you are running
 Linux. (Official tech support is not necessary, but a nice touch.)

Let me know.

TIA

--
Hal B