[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: General question on translations
- To: Gary Lawrence Murphy <>,
- Subject: Re: General question on translations
- From: "Greg Ferguson" <>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:17:20 -0500
- In-Reply-To: Gary Lawrence Murphy <firstname.lastname@example.org> "General question on translations" (Nov 21, 1:32pm)
- Resent-Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
- Resent-Date: 22 Nov 1999 14:17:57 -0000
- Resent-Message-ID: <Ep-5CD.A.bJ.UCVO4@murphy>
On Nov 21, 1:32pm, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
> Subject: General question on translations
> I received a call today and was surprised to find no easy answer: They
> wanted to find, or even purchase, Linux docs in Spanish. I searched
> all the usual bookstore sites and came up with nothing, and when I got
> to the new LDP homepage, I was surprised to find there was no ready
> means for people to get to only the Spanish (or any other docs) even by
> going to one of the mirrors in Spain.
Off http://www.linuxdoc.org/docs.html :
- If any of the Guides have been translated, there is a specific link
provided to the non-English translation(s)
- If any of the HOWTOS have been translated, there is a specific link
provided to the non-English translations
- I currently mirror HOWTOs and some Guides from various L10N
sites, if someone has a site that they would like included in
this process, please let me know. We need to maintain some simple
underlying directory layout conventions for this to work effectively,
however (not a big deal, but should be mentioned).
- FYI - we mirror HOWTO translations for the following languages:
french, spanish, japanese, italian, polish, hellenic,
slovenian, croatian, indonesian, korean, chinese, swedish.
In addition (as was mentioned) we have a collection of links
for non-English linux work: http://www.linuxdoc.org/links/nenglish.html
If individuals would like additional links added, use the "Add a Link"
href found at the top of the aforementioned page.
Do people feel we still need to do more than this?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org