Re: LDP integration with LWN and Freshmeat

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 07:12:55AM +0000, Terry Dawson wrote:
> Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> >
> > I have no knowledge of "the way it was before", but I read every post that
> > goes through this list (it's one of my low-traffic lists).  Since some of
> > the authors seem to get too much mail on the ldp-discuss, perhaps we should
> > just get them to subscribe to ldp-announce, and maybe actually send
> > something there once in a while.  Thoughts?

I was about to make the same suggestion.  I think that perhaps 4% of
the posts to ldp-discuss should be cross-posted to ldp-announce.  For
example, I should have posted the draft Manifesto (and Boilerplate
License) there with an additional note added that all discussion of
this will be on ldp-discuss.  It should be like this when an important
thread is starting on LDP-discuss.  So to continue with the thread
people will have to switch to LDP-discuss.  If this is done, most
posts to LDP-announce will point out that for more discussion they
will have to subscribe to LDP-discuss and possibly explain how to
subscribe.

This scenario lets people who are concerned about a certain topic get
involved with a lot of discussion of it while allowing those not
interested (or who don't have the time) to just stay tuned to the most
important LDP news.  If anyone wants to do it they could once every
month or so summarize what has been going on at LDP-discuss and post
it to LDP-announce.  In fact, one could send a CC of the article we
submit to LWN there if it's balanced enough.

> <chuckle>
> That *is* what we had before.
> Terry
What I've just proposed is different.