RE: CD edition

I think that we should be a part of the DemoLinux project, but I don't think
that's necessarily the goal of the CD.  We're going to have at least 100MB,
or almost 1/6 of a CD for our stuff, that might be a bit crowded.

> Version 1.0 was great. Version 2.0 is in development.
> Unless the LDP documents take so much space as to not fit together
> with DemoLinux, that would be a great idea.
> How big is the LDP stuff? Note that we only need keep
> sensible formats:
> say, sgml and html; others can be generated on-the-fly.

Do you have a tool for that?  the GNOME-help-browser has some alpha code to
translate their docs on the fly, but it's going to have some really strict
rules.

I think our CD needs to contain 4 formats, SGML, HTML, plain text, and PDF.
PDF is going to be the best thing for the "Windows" world, HTML is excelent
for people already in Linux with a GUI running.  Text, although it lacks
some features like hyperlinks etc will be the best format for people using a
character based display terminal (DOS, Linux console, serial terminals,
etc).  The SGML there is so that if somebody wants to see how our documents
look before they become something else, they can.  This will also help
people if they decide that they want to try writing a document.  I don't
know if the best way to accomplish this is with a copy of the website, or
some other means.
        Greg