Re: DocBook Walkthrough?

On May 15,  8:46am, godoy@conectiva.com.br wrote:
> Subject: Re: DocBook Walkthrough?
>

> > > In the DSSSL stylesheet, we have these 2 settings:
> > >
> > >  (define %html-ext%
> > >   ;; force a .html file extension
> > >    ".html")
> > >
> > >  (define %use-id-as-filename%
> > >           ;; Use ID attributes as name for component HTML files?
> > >    #t)
> >
> > That means I'd have to change the standard (well as far as anything
can
> > be called standard) specifications on my one machine which I'm
reluctant
> > to do. I rather do it using tags than changing stylesheets. If I'd
> > modify a stylesheet it means that everybody who use my SMGL files need
> > the modified stylesheets. Not a good thing in my opinion.
>
> You _don't_ need to change any standard files. What you can do is
> create a customization file. With this you can change some default
> DocBook values.

Thanks Jorge. I was just about to reply!

The base stylesheets can and should stay the same - remain as they
are packaged with the distribution. I wrote a very simple "ldp.dsl"
stylesheet only for the purpose of *extending and overriding some
default values*.

This was absolutely the correct thing to do.

> If you want an example, please write me a message.

Or I; or see:  http://metalab.unc.edu/gferg/ldp/ldp.dssl

This is based on an extended stylesheet that Conectiva provides
with its distribution. I then simply reference this stylesheet
(rather than the provided default) from the jade command line:

    % jade -t sgml -i html -d <pth>/ldp.dsl#html <howto>.sgml

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |