Re: Authorship

David Merrill wrote:

[snip]

> The tools are my biggest problem. After nearly a month of abortive attempts to
> get a working DocBook environment established, I am on the point of giving up.
> I've considered upgrading from RH6.1 to RH6.2 because it seems to include all
> the packages I need in rpms.
>
> Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting frustrated. What I'm trying, and failing,
> to say is that a little hand holding would be appreciated. Even if you think it
> belongs in an appendix or a separate HOWTO, please provide more information,
> rather than less, on establishing a working environment for DocBook.
>
> Of course, I will understand if I am in such a small minority that going out of
> your way to help me is effort better spent elsewhere, but I wanted to share my
> viewpoint.
>
> Regards,
>
> David

I agree with you, David. I've just written a HOWTO, and wrote it using
LYX and the Linuxdoc template. I simply don't WANT to upgrade from SuSE
6.2 to SuSE 6.4 just for being able to write using DocBook, I've many
other important things working, and I don't want to redo everything
because I've had to upgrade.

cya

Arnaud

--