Re: HOWTOs in DocBook SGML?

    M> In general, studying a few HOWTOs should give you a fair idea
    M> of what's required:

An excellent outline --- can we put this into the HOWTO-HOWTO?

    M> As for writing style -- whatever turns you on.  Gertrude Stein?
    M> Terry Pratchett?  James Joyce? (Err ... maybe not, for
    M> newbies).  Larry Wall?

Oh do tell, do tell all, do tell all about, do tell all about it!

In a brazen bit of brickbat book shelfishness, what's good enough for
this ghost is goose for the gander: I recommend a recommended reading
for the HOWTO-HOWTO, one little pocketfitting dogearable cheapeasy
(smallanduseful) goodguide (sic) whiff of a book (tip), the "Elements
of Style" by Strunk and White.

You could read this book all day and still have plenty of time for
everything else, and you'd be better the tech writer for it.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com