Re: Why not create packages?

The only complaint I have with the CVS-only distribution is that it
adds yet another layer of complexity; this is no big deal since the
SGML files are not targetted at the novice user, but there are many
developers who just don't like CVS and locking distribution to one
vendor's products is generally a bad idea.

It should be possible to do auto-builds of the tar files from the
CVS, and while it is redundant, it covers the widest availability.
CVS can also fail, and if it does, we'll be glad we had human-readable
archives to restore from.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com