[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Gregory Leblanc <>
- Subject: Re: XML?
- From: Gary Lawrence Murphy <>
- Date: 01 Oct 2000 19:48:04 -0400
- Cc: "'Luis Villa'" <>, ldp-docbook <>
- Organization: T(c)Inc Business Innovation through Open Source Computing
- Reply-to: Gary Lawrence Murphy <>
- Resent-date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-message-id: <zRMlPB.A.HBF.U-815@murphy>
Any DocBook/XML document should process with no problems through the
LDP SGML/DSSSL system, so you should be able to do your work in XML
and submit the files to the LDP without changes.
The reverse is not true: There are constructs possible in SGML which
are not supported in XML (such as using the IGNORE/INCLUDE directives
to tell Jade which parts to skip and which to print).
can I ask a really big favour? I must convert my collection into XML
to be compatible with the publishing process at Pearson, and I'd be
extremely grateful if you could just outline the entire process and
tool set you use to process these files into print editions.
Gary Lawrence Murphy <email@example.com>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com
Love Linux? We need authors/reviewers - http://www.teledyn.com/authors
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
- From: Gregory Leblanc <GLeblanc@cu-portland.edu>